Vacancy for a Senior Technician for cell-based product development and manufacturing
DCPrime is a privately owned, clinical stage biotechnology company focused on developing therapeutic, dendritic cell-based cancer vaccines. With DCPrime’s technology platform, vaccines are developed for treatment of many different cancer types, including blood cancers and solid cancers. The company’s lead product DCP-001 is being developed as a post-remission vaccine therapy in patients with Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML), and has been tested in a Phase I/IIa study. The results show that DCP-001 is safe and induces clear anti-tumor immune responses in patients, and strong survival improvement in several of the studied patients. DCPrime is preparing a multi-center Phase II trial which will start before the end of 2017, to demonstrate efficacy in AML patients.
We are excited about these positive clinical results in patients with leukemia, and are actively expanding our efforts to apply DCOne®-based products in other kinds of cancer. To advance these programs, DCPrime is looking for a number of highly motivated professionals, including an enthusiastic and talented senior technician that can help us develop these novel products.
What we expect from a senior technician in our cell-based product and assay development program
As a senior technician, you will work in a small team of scientists and technicians and participate in:
– Development of the manufacturing process for DCOne®-based products;
– Performance of immunology-based methods such as flow cytometry and T-cell based assays;
– Presentation of experimental results and writing of development reports;
– Troubleshooting with respect to method development and initiate improvements;
– Support and maintenance of general laboratory activities.
The ideal candidate should at least possess the following competencies, qualifications and skills:
– BSc (HBO) or MSc (WO) degree in life sciences or related discipline;
– At least 3 years of experience in a biotech or pharma company;
– Experience in cell culture and standard cell based assays;
– Experience with immunological assays, experience with flow cytometry analysis and T-cell based assays
is a pre;
– Experience with GLP;
– Excellent writing and communication skills in both Dutch and English.
You are an accurate, flexible, quality minded person that shows initiative and is able to work well in a team, as well as independently. You are goal oriented and result driven. You show ownership and are able to present your work. You like to work in the environment of a growing biotech company where quality, speed, motivation, team spirit and results are of the utmost importance to be successful.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact or send a letter of motivation and a CV to:
Dr. Ada M. Kruisbeek, CSO DCPrime
2333 BD Leiden, The Netherlands
T +31 (0)71 – 332 2620
M +31 (0)6 – 551 72 158
Last updated: november 13, 2017